6 Ways to Engage With a Social Media Audience
Engagement is the best way to build a following, but what does it really mean?
If you want to run a successful social media marketing campaign, you can’t just post content and hope your readers will like it; you need to engage with your audience. Engagement builds a stronger bond with each of your followers, which will both attract new followers and retain the ones you already have.
But what, exactly, does “engagement” mean? In essence, it refers to any interaction that singles out a follower, or makes a follower seem seen by your brand.
These are some of the best examples:
- Sharing the work of others is a great way to show your appreciation. It’s also a good way to give your followers more content—even if you didn’t create all of it yourself.
- One of the simplest things you can do is “like” your followers’ comments. It shows that you acknowledge their participation, and encourages them to leave more comments in the future.
- Whenever someone starts a discussion around your work, try to get involved. Leaving your own comments shows how invested you are in your followers’ thoughts, and will invite even more participation.
- If someone asks a question, feel free to send them a direct message. It’s a good way to build your brand-consumer relationships quickly.
- Ask your followers open-ended questions from time to time. Not only will it make them feel like their opinions are important, it’s also a good way to learn more about your followers.
- Take the time to acknowledge your most loyal followers, either by verbally acknowledging them or by sending them a small gift.
If you need help building up your social media audience, or getting started with your first social media campaign, contact us today!