5 Things to Know Before Investing in Facebook Marketing
Facebook marketing is becoming increasingly popular, but is the strategy right for you?
Facebook marketing is the process of using Facebook (usually with a business or personal page) to increase the visibility and improve the reputation of a brand. There are many different ways to approach Facebook marketing, and it does have the potential to drastically improve your bottom line, but before you get started, there are some things you should know:
- Facebook is enormous. First, Facebook is the biggest social media platform in the world, with more than 1 billion users worldwide. That vast user pool is the main reason businesses start considering Facebook in the first place.
- Organic reach is limited. However, you won’t be able to reach those billion users just by posting content (even if your content is spectacular). Facebook intentionally limits brands’ organic reach, to declutter newsfeeds (and, we assume, to drive more people to paid advertising).
- Ads are worth it. Speaking of ads, for the most part, they’re worth it. They’re relatively inexpensive, they give you tons of options, and you only pay for the traffic or likes you receive. It’s a valuable strategy you can’t afford to ignore.
- It’s all about targeting. The biggest secret to success in Facebook marketing is knowing your audience. There are dozens of ways to segment your audience, by demographics, behaviors, and interests, so take advantage of them and only post the most relevant material.
- ROI takes work. You won’t be “playing around on Facebook” all day. If you want to see a return, you’ll need to put the work in.
Facebook marketing isn’t for everybody. Almost any business can take advantage of what Facebook has to offer, but only those with enough of an investment will see a significant return. If you’re interested in starting your own social media marketing campaign, contact Quez Media today!