The 5 Signs Your Branding Needs an Update
Your branding may be overdue for an update, but how can you tell?
No matter how excellent your original branding was, eventually, you’ll need to update that branding to better fit the times. Companies change, people change, and technologies change—so brands must change along with them.
The problem is, most marketers and entrepreneurs aren’t sure where to draw the line. How long should you go before updating your brand? And how can you tell when it’s time for an update?
Look for these five signs to guide you:
- You don’t have a brand style guide. Do you have a brand style guide that you use to direct all your marketing, advertising, and brand communications? If not, your original brand may not be as strong as you imagined. Now’s as good a time as any to initiate an overhaul.
- Customers can’t tell what you do. If your logo, company name, and/or tagline aren’t enough to make it clear what your company does, it might be time to overhaul your image. Ideally, prospective customers will be able to understand what you do after a mere glance.
- Your competitors have all revamped. Look at your top competitors; have they all updated in the past several years? You shouldn’t necessarily follow your competitors on every decision they make, but you also don’t want to lag too far behind, or you’ll fall into irrelevance.
- You’re offering new products or services. After introducing a significant new product or service, it’s a good idea to audit your old brand standards. For most companies, that also means tweaking or fully updating the brand.
- You want to target a new demographic. You’ll also need to update the brand if you plan on targeting a new demographic altogether, since you’ll have a new target audience to consider in your brand messaging.
If you’re interested in launching a new brand, or updating an old one, contact Quez Media today! We have the branding experts necessary to capture the essence of your business and appeal to new and old customers alike.