The First 5 Things You Need to Build a Personal Brand
Before you build a personal brand, you’ll need these five important digital assets in place.
A personal brand is indispensable in helping you build your corporate brand’s reputation. They’re easier to build and more flexible than corporate brands, and since they represent actual people, rather than a company, they’re more likely to gain customer trust.
But before you can start growing a personal brand, there are a few things you’ll need to put in place first:
- A niche. First, you need some way to distinguish yourself from the competition. What is your field of expertise? What type of industry do you work in, and what authority do you have that your competitors don’t? Your niche will define your personal brand character, goals, and audience, so choose this wisely.
- A target audience. Once you have a niche in mind, you can define and start researching your target audience. Choosing a general audience isn’t a good idea; it’s better to maximize your relevance, even if that means filtering down to a highly specific demographic.
- A blog. Next, you’ll need a blog for your personal brand to produce new content regularly. This blog will represent the core content for your entire campaign, so you’ll need to have it well-established, and contribute to it on a weekly basis (at a minimum).
- A social media profile. You should also have your social media profiles in place, and fully fleshed out with details about your personal brand. You don’t need to be on every platform, but you should have at least two strong channels.
- An initial following. From there, you’ll need an initial following—a group of fans and readers who can help you establish momentum. Cruise forums and visit other influencers to engage with people, and start making posts.
Once you have these five digital assets in place, you can get to work growing your personal brand’s reputation. If you need help generating the content you need to support your campaign, or if you need advice on how to market your small business, contact Quez Media today!