5 Reasons People Aren’t Responding on Social Media
If your followers aren’t responding to your posts on social media, one of these reasons might be the cause.
Social media marketing can be a highly profitable, highly effective strategy for increasing your brand visibility and getting more people to your site. Unfortunately, all it takes is a handful of hangups to prevent your strategy from gaining any momentum and ruin your chances at building a successful followship.
If your followers simply aren’t responding to the material you’re syndicating, it’s a sign that something is truly wrong. If this is the case for you, it could be due to one or more of these five reasons:
- You Aren’t Posting Enough. To maximize visibility, you need to post frequently—at least a couple times a day. If you only post once a week, only a small percentage of your users will see your material, and you’ll get less interaction right off the bat.
- You Aren’t Saying Enough. Some people make very simple updates, such as the title of an upcoming post along with a link. This isn’t enough to sufficiently stimulate audience participation; you need something substantial to tie them down.
- You Aren’t Debatable. Controversy can be risky, but without it, there’s no reason for anyone to respond. Go out on a limb and make a strong stance on a debatable topic; it will certainly get your followers talking.
- You Don’t Respond Back. People crave interaction and recognition. When people do respond, you need to respond back to them. Be a part of the conversation, or else your followers will have no reason to continue.
- You Don’t Converse. Finally, get involved on as many external conversations as you can. The more involved you are with others, the more they’ll get involved with you.
Correct these problems as soon as possible and start getting the comments and responses you need to fuel further momentum.