You have a great new offer, and also understand the importance of delivering a compelling direct mail piece. Here are nine points to remember when you're crafting and delivering your message:
1. In traffic-building programs and when generating leads, sell the benefits of the offer, not your specific product or service. (In other words, what's in it for the recipient, not yourself?)
2. The closer your offer relates to your product or service, the higher the quality of your response.
3. Realize the importance of customization. Personalize by segmenting your target list and using database expertise to send messages with variable information.
4. Your offer must be restated prominently on the order form or response device.
5. Note the better the offer (the "carrot"), the higher the response rate in general.
6. Test offers only if your product or service will be the same next time.
7. The way you state your offer can be as important as the offer itself. Pay closest attention to your headline, subheads and ability for recipients to scan the piece.
8. Make sure you have included all the true costs of your offer (handling, packaging, postage) if you state a price.
9. Know your audience—what it wants, what it fears, etc.—before you select your offer.
home | about | services | news | sitemap | resources | Q-Green | contact us | client login
copyright 2013 | Quez Media Marketing